Dr. Denise Halliburton‘s Ellicott City, MD dental office is a place where patients feel welcomed and comfortable in their care. Dr. Halliburton is a member of the Maryland State Dental Association, Howard County Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association, Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, and SPEAR. She has years of experience in helping patients enjoy healthy and aesthetically pleasing smiles.
With a Biological Sciences degree, Bachelor of Science and Medical Science, Master of Science, and Doctor of Dental Surgery degree, Dr. Halliburton has the education and dental training to address her patient’s needs in a comprehensive manner. Dr. Halliburton specializes in cosmetic and restorative care that enhances the look and function of the teeth and gums. Along with preventative general dental care, cosmetic and restorative treatments can help patients who have aesthetic needs or require complex care for a variety of dental concerns.
Patient Comfort and High-Quality Care
Patient comfort is at the forefront of our practice philosophy. Our dental office is a judgment-free zone for patients who experience dental fear or anxiety. If you have not visited the dentist in a long time due to a bad past experience or a fear of loud dental tools, we can help. Dr. Halliburton, her dental team, and her office staff are understanding when it comes to accommodating the needs of patients. They take patients through the treatment process step-by-step so they can understand it better. Ensuring the comfort of her patients is Dr. Halliburton’s goal.
Dr. Halliburton is trained in addressing a wide variety of dental concerns. She provides general dental solutions to help patients maintain their overall oral health. Her cosmetic dentistry options can improve the aesthetics of the smile. For patients with missing, damaged, or infected teeth, Dr. Halliburton offers restorative dental care. Dr. Halliburton also works with local oral surgeons and specialists to get her patients the care they need.
Our Dental Technology
We stay up to date with the latest technologies to accurately diagnose and treat our patients. Some of the dental technologies we use in our office include:
- Cavity Detection System: A cavity detection system like DIAGNOdent uses lasers to detect cavities, especially in hard-to-reach areas in the back of the mouth. LED fluorescence and intraoral cameras can also accurately find cavities. These devices allow us to detect and treat cavities and prevent the spread of dental infection and eventual tooth loss.
- Oral Cancer Screening: We suggest oral cancer screenings for patients 17 and older. Using a patented triple-wavelength device, we can find abnormalities that would be normally missed by the naked eye. This system is quick, painless, and accurate. If we find abnormalities, we can recommend a biopsy or oral cancer specialist.
- Digital X-Rays: Compared to conventional x-rays, modern digital x-rays contain 40-90% less radiation. They immediately capture highly detailed digital images of the mouth. We can enhance the contrast and resolution of the images to easily diagnose dental problems.
- Intraoral Camera: This small camera about the size of a pen allows us to see details in the teeth. They create full-color images that we use to diagnose patients. Intraoral cameras are also important to patient education as patients can see the images on screens in treatment rooms.
- Panoramic X-Rays: Panoramic x-ray allow us to view the teeth, jaws, sinuses, jaw joints, and nasal passageways. We can see impacted teeth, bone abnormalities, fractures, and infections using this type of x-ray. Like with other modern digital x-rays, they help us execute detailed treatment plans.
See what our patients have to say about our office and services: Patient Testimonials.
Contact Our Dental Office Today
Are you looking for an experienced Ellicott City dentist? Call Dr. Halliburton today at 443.232.0656. You may also schedule a dental consultation with Dr. Halliburton or a member of her team online. Let us know if you have any remaining questions about our office or your dental concerns and we will be happy to assist you. We serve patients in Columbia, Elkridge, Ellicott City, and Howard County, Maryland.