Halliburton Family Dentistry provides emergency dentistry treatment to patients in Ellicott City, MD. Call our office at 443.232.0656 in the event of a dental emergency. Our goal is to prevent further damage to the teeth and gums. Emergency dentistry is a general dentistry service with the goal of stopping current and future oral health problems.
Dr. Denise Halliburton is an experienced dentist who, along with her dental team, wants patients to leave her office with healthy smiles. Some dental emergencies can be preventable. Schedule routine biannual checkups with Dr. Halliburton and maintain your oral hygiene at home to keep your smile clean and healthy.
Common Dental Emergencies
Our Ellicott City dental office helps patients get the care they need for these common emergencies:
- Severe Tooth Pain: Call our dental office if you have sudden or severe tooth pain. Sometimes toothaches can be caused by a dental infection, tooth abscess, or cavities. If you often experience minor tooth sensitivity and pain, on a regular basis, we can keep track of your oral health at regular appointments. Our team can ensure that tooth sensitivity does not develop into more dangerous problems.
- Knocked-Out Teeth: Please contact us if you have just lost a permanent tooth. If you can locate the tooth, hold it by the top, or crown, and rinse it in cold water. You can transport it to our office in a cup of cold milk to keep it moist. We may be able to reattach the tooth if it is properly preserved. However, we can also coordinate dental implant treatment if the tooth cannot be reattached. We work with local oral surgeons to provide implants and implant-secured bridges and dentures.
- Broken Dental Restorations: Call our office if you have just broken a dental crown, dental bridge, or denture. We ask that you not attempt to fix your broken dental restoration on your own. Trying to reattach your restoration can damage your teeth and gums. Our team will examine your teeth to create a new restoration for you.
- Object Stuck Between Teeth: If you have an object stuck between your teeth, try to gently floss it out. Do not use any other methods to try to free the object, as you can damage your teeth or gums. Our professional team can remove the object for you without damaging your smile.
- Excessive Bleeding: Many patients with gum inflammation experience bleeding gums when they brush or floss their teeth. This type of bleeding is not a dental emergency, but a sign that patients need to keep up with their oral hygiene routine. However, if patients experience excessive bleeding, especially after a recent dental procedure, they need to contact our office.
Schedule a Dental Consultation
Contact our office immediately for emergency dental care at 443.232.0656. For non-emergency care, you may request a dental appointment with our team on our website. Halliburton Family Dentistry treats patients from Ellicott City, Columbia, Elkridge, and the Howard County area. If you are unsure if you are experiencing a dental emergency, call our office.